Springer supermarket campaign roundup
The campaign to get Jerry Springer: The Opera back onto the shelves of Woolies and Sainsbury has really gained some momentum since the news broke last Sunday. Here’s a roundup of what you can do to get involved.
– to the customer relations departments of Woolworths and Sainsbury. You’ll get a stock response, but your complaint will be logged. Also try customer.relationsATwoolworths.co.uk and customerserviceATsainsburys.co.uk
UPDATE: more Sainsbury addresses:
justin.kingATsainsburys.co.uk (CEO) but his emails are handled by a Contact Centre
gwyn.burrATsainsburys.co.uk (Director of Customer Marketing)
penny.pealeATsainsburys.co.uk (Head of General Merchandising i.e. non-food)
mike.coupeATsainsburys.co.uk (Director of Trading)
sarah.trowbridgeATsainsburys.co.uk (Head of Customer Service)
– to the directors of those stores:
242-246 Marylebone Road,
– to your local MP
– to your local store manager
– to your local newspaper
– to stores which are stocking the DVD, and complimenting them
– their customer service lines
Woolworths: 020 7262 1222
Sainsburies: 0800 636262
– boycotting both Sainsbury and Woolworths is fine, as long as they know you’re doing it
– asking for the DVD in store, asking why it is not available, talking to the manager about it
– some are suggesting enclosing a cut-up Nectar card with your letter to Sainsbury
– other suggest trying to get other “offensive” items off the shelves, with the list of nasties ranging from The Daily Mail to brussels sprouts.
It is still not certain that Christian Voice are behind this. It seems likely the reason they are keeping quiet is that they are afraid of a backlash. The extra publicity this has generated for the DVD could boost its sales significantly, thus rendering the threats of the would-be censors counter productive. Stephen Green isn’t a complete idiot – he knows that sales would go stratospheric if he started crowing about his “success” on the CV website.
The best way to make Christian Voice rue their actions is obvious: buy the DVD.